The rules will be the same as ever, so you can skip to the registration form if you are a veteran. This will be a four tiered scramble (handicaps determine tier; A, B, C, D players) one day, 21-hole tournament and giant skin game (the course has 3 nice practice holes). The Girard Memorial will begin the night of Friday, August 4 at Jax Café, where the organizers will host a party and Team Auction (team auction starts at 7:30, party continues into the night). Names will be drawn for teams from four handicap categories and the teams will be subsequently auctioned off to the highest bidder.
THERE ARE NO GIMME PUTTS!!
- A Scramble format is used on every hole.
- All four players may hit off the tee on all 21 holes.
- Choose the drive you want and the remaining 3 players hit the next shot.
- Choose the shot you want to use next and the player’s shot you use may not play the next shot.
- Continue this until you reach the green.
- No one may hit two shots in a row until you are on the green.
- All four players may putt once the team ball is deemed on the green.
- Any part of the ball touching the green and the ball shall be deemed on the green.
- We will be playing from the BLACK Tee’s.
- The ball may be moved 1 club length no closer to the hole
(You may not move from rough to fairway, trap to rough, etc.).
- You cannot tee the ball up but you may set it on the ground with your hands.
- The aforementioned one club length cannot be an extended putter, nor may you use any trick drivers.
- The ball cannot be moved either on or off the green, play it where it is.
- You may not change your lie.
- No practice putts or provisional shots may be taken.
- If you are not eligible to hit a shot, you may not hit.
- Only one person may putt on the par 3’s. Those holes will be assigned to the A, B, C, and D players.
- The fringe plays like the fairway, the person whose shot you choose will not hit off the fringe.
- In the event of a tie there will be a playoff 15 minutes after the last team completes play.
- The playoff will be sudden death.
- If a tie breaker is called due to light, it will be settled on the scorecard.
- 1st tie breaker – Most Birdies of the round
- 2nd tie breaker – Most Eagles of the round