Download a PDF of the Rules of Golf:
Courtesy on the Course
- If someone else is playing from the tee, do not tee your ball until he has played.
- Always stand still when another player is playing. Do not talk.
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- When you are playing slowly or looking for a lost ball, ask the group behind you to play through, so you do not slow everyone down.
- Write down scores on the way to the next hole, not on the green you are leaving.
- Never take more than one practice swing, if any.